The day just continued with some fun little surprises. A neighbor boy came over and brought me a little valentine with some suckers. I got a fun card in the mail from my cute Dad. And a surprise was waiting on my porch tonight that was filled with chocolate-covered strawberries and had some very complimentary things to say about me. So nice!Quite a few single friends affectionately refer to Valentine's Day as "Single Awareness Day" - or "SAD" for an acronym. I have never liked that term. I am painfully aware that I am single and don't need a holiday designed around showing affection for couples to make that any more clear. And there are those who feel that they don't need a commercialized holiday to show their feelings for each other. However you feel, to me Valentine's has always been a nice day to show our love and appreciation to each other . . . and I am grateful to those who are a part of my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment