Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Thought Those Went Out with the 80's

Among many of the "fabulous" trends of the 80's . . .Units, jelly shoes, fluorescent . . . one that I thought should never make a come back are the beloved leggings (and stirrup pants with a nice huarache shoe fall in this category too). I've been noticing at church that more and more ladies are wearing leggings under their dresses, and personally, it drives me crazy. More times than not it seems like the dresses or skirts are way too short and the leggings/tights are added so that the women are covered up. If the dress is modest enough to wear alone, then skip the leggings. Are they cold? Did they not want to shave their legs? What's the deal? I realize that this may be one of the latest fashions, but is it church appropriate? I doubt I would see the women leaders of the church pairing leggings with their dresses. I feel the same way about wearing flip flops to church - far too casual for the occasion. Let's step it up - considering our purpose in going to church.

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

AMEN AND AMEN!! I couldn't agree with you more. :) Thanks for writing it down!

Lillian said...

I actually like the look of leggings, so don't judge me if you see me wearing a pair. Ha, who am I kidding, I am so not cool enough to pull them off! Although I strongly agree, they are far too casual for church, as well as flip flops!

Heather said...

I think they are cute, too...but I'm with you on the leggings and flip-flops at church. Way too casual...if you would wear it to the beach, maybe don't wear it to church. That's my motto!