The first five minutes on the treadmill are the absolute worst - and today was no exception. Then the pulsating rhythms of Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero" came on my iPod and all of a sudden I felt great! I started running faster and faster to keep up with the beat (I may have gotten a side ache but it was totally worth it). If that weren't enough, the visions of Kevin Bacon as Ren McCormick getting his shoe stuck in the tractor gear were enough to make the time fly. The song is six(!) minutes of bliss, has a full choir doing backing vocals, AND a drum beat that NEVER lets up!
Best song ever? Discuss!
5 comments:
Where did you find these great pictures?!? The whole soundtrack is great . . . "Waiting for a Girl like You" or "Almost Paradise" for the big dance scenes. Love!
Um, best song ever may be a bit much. I mean, it's good, but it's no Let the Music Play, with it's brilliant wa-pah,or Lionel's classic Dancin' on the Ceiling. Because as Gloria Estefan said, the rhythm is going to get you.
are you going to kill me? i don't think i'm familiar with this song... who has room on their ipod when wilson phillips is taking up all the memory?
Have you never seen Footloose???
Great song! I actually just added it to my shuffle playlist for the gym, however I have not tried it out yet. Maybe i'll get more motivation if I try it out in Lehi running past Lehi Mill and the high school where it was all filmed.
You in?
Post a Comment