Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Open Memo to all Office Workers

Mastering office technology can be tricky. Like the time at my first job when I broke the copier, panicked, and crept away…then later agreed with the secretary trying to fix it that I hated when people did that. However, I was 16, and have since learned my lesson. Many of you, on the other hand, have yet to master something less complicated than a copier: the “interoffice” envelope. Consider these helpful hints:

1. Cross out the name in the line above, and fill in the new recipient on the FRONT of the envelope. I beg of you, only start using the back when the front is completely full!
2. I know you want the contents of your envelope to be as secure as possible. However, please remember these envelopes are designed for multiple uses. Rather than taping the flap completely shut, try using the string closure provided on the envelope. It is more than adequate.

Thank you in advance for doing your part. Those with anal-retentive tendencies (like me) appreciate it!

2 comments:

Julie said...

First, I'm trying to get my neighbor to become a bathroom hand washer . . . then we'll move on to envelopes.

Melinda said...

Um, is it 1963? Who still uses inter-office envelopes? I like to use a little something called electronic mail.