Last night for FHE, our ward pulled the annual trick of going ice skating. Which of course means that I took the night off to watch the Bachelor! I have been in a Singles' ward long enough to know that every year, ice skating is planned for an activity, and every year, 3 people show up. And they are the people who can do triple axels, and enjoy wearing those sparkly outfits. I have been in on planning meetings where people will excitedly plan to go ice skating, saying how fun it will be to skate around and then get hot chocolate, and then not even those people show up!Last year, in an effort to try to enjoy this sport a little more, I took an ice skating class. While I had great visions of doing spins, lutz' and maybe even the splits, the sad reality was that I barely learned how to do a figure eight with one foot, and my parting gift was a huge bruise on a highly padded and soft area, if you know what I mean. And to add insult to injury, we were given report cards at the end! I won't tell you what grade I got, but needless to say, if it had been a college course, I would have had to retake it.
So my question to you is, who actually enjoys ice skating? Because I have yet to meet one person who does!
3 comments:
Wait, what area do you mean? :)
I like the ice-skating. I took a class in middle school so I didn't have to run around the track...I'm not good, but I sitll think it's fun.
Ice skatine schmice schmating.....wait did I just say mating? :) like my talents, DARE TO DREAM! Granted at one time I was referred to as Kristy Yamaguchi.
Last time I went ice skating with the ward was the last time I went ice skating with the ward.
I propose that everytime an announcement is made to what they have planned for FHE, we take that idea, shove it up....... i mean...we make do it our way. Now ROLLER SKATING? That's where the parties at!
Couples skate anyone?
Post a Comment