I love getting fun packages in the mail . . . look at this one that I got for Valentine's. The classic Cutting Edge (toe pick, anyone) sent to me from a Secret Pal. Thank you!!!This brings back fun childhood Valentine memories. Each year we would draw names in our family and get a name of someone that we would do secret service for the 7 days prior to Valentine's Day. We would try to secretly make someone's bed or leave a note for them in their room. I remember that Brian always did elaborate things for his people. One year he had Dad and got up early to make a yummy portable breakfast for Dad. I think it even included scrambled eggs! Brian got everything situated in Dad's car, so that when Dad left for work (which was always very early), he would have breakfast ready to go. One year Dad had me and one day I got a great pair of socks that had a secret pocket in them. I remember when Mom had Brent, who loved and still loves a good bowl of popcorn. She would have nice bowl for him as an afterschool treat ready for him when he got home. It was always fun to see what each person got each day and even better to come up with special ways to surprise each other during that week.
As we got older, Mom still would give us special Valentine's. I still have mine somewhere. A cardboard heart pocket stitched together with yarn, cut with special scissors and embellished with stickers. It would contain treats and love notes from her that she re-filled each year.
Cute Dad is carrying on the Valentine traditions. This morning I was greeted to a special song on the phone. And he usually finds someway to get us a bouquet of flowers. We definitely know how much we are loved! And we love our cute family!
1 comment:
Secret Pals was one of my favorite things growing up. And I also got a song from Dad - while I was still in bed! Dad, what made you think I'd be up at 9:46 am on a Saturday? I know you've been up since 5, but still!
Post a Comment