Thursday, February 5, 2009

Me and Peter Pan

Or is it Peter Pan and I? There are times I feel just like a teenager, and like it that way. I found myself tapping along to David Archuleta's new song in the car today. And then I downloaded it on Itunes for further enjoyment . . . and am "rocking" out to it as I type. I love the fluffy, bubble gum Top 40 pop songs. Always have, always will. Kristen and Brent are deep with their wide and varied music choices, not me. Kristen says that my taste in music is pretty easy to figure out. That and my love of romantic/comedy and ABC Family movies.

We Birds have a "gift" for pop culture knowledge. My mind is filled with useless details that I glean from the weekly celebrity rags that I love getting in the mail each week. And I'm the youth leader who buys and brings these teen mags along to girls camp and other times when we are in the car together so we can do the quizzes and look at the posters. I like to call it bonding.

I still think that I should have three months off for summer break. And I remember how it was so much fun (and easier) to talk to the boys at recess at the spider on the playground.

But now, I've got to log off and start paying the bills like an adult . . . wishful thinking, I guess.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I say embrace it. You know when you are old? When you FEEL old. May your "electric youth" burn bright.