I am by nature, very much a rule keeper. I drink my milk before it expires, I whisper in the library, and I rarely cross over solid white lines in traffic. So imagine my surprise when it turns out that I steal pens from innocent servers after enjoying a nice meal out.
For whatever reason, I have a bit of a pen obsession. I like me a nice, fine point pen that glides and swooshes nicely across the page. And the pen that fits this bill is the Pilot G-2 clickable roller ball gel pen, preferably in the .05cm tip. I have yet to work for a company that will provide me with such a pen, so it’s not like I can purloin one of their pens (I just love the word purloin!). I have purchased my own pens before to compensate for this travesty, but those tend to mysteriously end up on my co-worker’s desks within a matter of hours. So as I’ve eaten at various restaurants over the last few years, I will find myself oogling all of the pens that are supplied to sign my bill. As soon as a nice pen is placed in my hand, I can immediately tell that it’s a keeper, and within seconds, it’s in my purse. And I do not give it a second thought. It is because of me that your server says, “Can you guys share? I only have one pen.” And for that, and only that, I am sorry.
For whatever reason, I have a bit of a pen obsession. I like me a nice, fine point pen that glides and swooshes nicely across the page. And the pen that fits this bill is the Pilot G-2 clickable roller ball gel pen, preferably in the .05cm tip. I have yet to work for a company that will provide me with such a pen, so it’s not like I can purloin one of their pens (I just love the word purloin!). I have purchased my own pens before to compensate for this travesty, but those tend to mysteriously end up on my co-worker’s desks within a matter of hours. So as I’ve eaten at various restaurants over the last few years, I will find myself oogling all of the pens that are supplied to sign my bill. As soon as a nice pen is placed in my hand, I can immediately tell that it’s a keeper, and within seconds, it’s in my purse. And I do not give it a second thought. It is because of me that your server says, “Can you guys share? I only have one pen.” And for that, and only that, I am sorry.
1 comment:
I've got to keep an eye on my beloved Sharpie pens when I'm around you. Thanks for the warning.
Post a Comment