
I've already discussed my
fascination with emptying the dryer lint in another posting, and just last week I posted about the little thrill I get when I open a ripe AvOcado. That got me thinking (mostly because it's my turn to write and I've got nothin') - what other things do I get an odd little thrill out of? Some thoughts are below. SENSITIVITY WARNING: Some people (Melinda) might be a little grossed out by this entry, and I apologize in advance.
Popping a big zit. I used to think this was gross, and I hated it when Mom would try and pop my zits. But now I do it too!
Cleaning my keyboard with that little air-blasty thing. I love getting in there with the little blaster and getting as much gunk outta there as possible.
Opening a new can of tennis balls. I love the pop and the whoosh as the air comes out, and the new tennis ball smell assaults you. That means spring is here!
When I get a sunburn and my skin peels off in a big piece. When I get a sunburn I obsessively peel it off. It's the same reason I can't paint my nails, because I'll just pick the polish right off. But if the skin's going to come off anyway, don't you love it when you get a big chunk of skin instead of just fragments??
Lists of all kinds. I love lists that rank stuff, I love making lists, and I love checking things off lists. Am I all alone here??
4 comments:
Well, if you weren't alone, you will be now! I'm with you on the tennis balls, but the rest was a little much for me (I'm a tender morsel!). Although when I was in first grade, we all used to pour Elmer's glue on our hands, and when it would dry, we would peel it off in one big sheet. But in my defense, I was only 7.
I completely agree with the sunburn-peeling-off thing. Why is that so oddly satisfying? No, you are not alone!
I like pulling the dead skin off my toes after the blister has dried. It doesn't hurt, and there is beautiful baby skin underneath!
You are not alone. It turns out that I am:
1) obsessed with cleaning out dryer lint
2) obsessed with peeling of my skin when I'm sunburned
3) obsessed with making lists
We both might have this thing that some people call OCD.
Post a Comment