Sunday, March 22, 2009

RIP Trusty Alarm Clock

This my friends is my alarm clock that I have had since I was 8. Please notice the fine imitation wood grain, non-digital AM/FM radio, and one function--the alarm. It's a tad old fashioned, but it has been a champ in waking me up over the years, and I love it!

I am a very good sleeper, and as a result, am very hard to wake up in the morning. This little beauty has the loudest, most obnoxious alarm that you have ever heard, which is exactly what I need to pull me out of bed. Last week, I was in the process of setting my alarm by pushing the fancy hour button on top of the clock, and sure enough, it popped right off. I tried so hard to revive it by performing alarm clock CPR (pushing the other buttons really hard), but it was a lost cause, and my alarm clock is now just a clock with a ghetto radio. So sad.

I then had to get a replacement alarm clock, and there were so many bells and whistles to choose from--it was overwhelming! I felt like an elderly person trying to navigate the electronics department, and it was very sad. I finally selected a fancy new model, and I can only hope that this new clock will last until I'm at least 50. If I can figure out the instruction manual.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Good luck with your new alarm clock. Sadly, it takes three alarms and several snoozes to get me up. I love my sleep!