Monday, March 9, 2009

U-G-L-Y, You Ain't Got No Alibi

Newsy bit: I purchased a condo this weekend! While I'm not looking forward to the mortgage payment, I AM excited to create my own space and decorate!! As I've been looking around at different furniture stores, I've come to the following conclusion: Utah, we've got a lot of ugly furniture. I went to three furniture stores one night last week, and barely found anything I would even consider! I actually saw this couch:










And the recliners! Oh, the recliners. They're just all lined up waiting for you as you walk in. This is an actual purple recliner from a store I went to:

The only reason for all this mass ugliness was that people must buy this stuff! Who are these people?? I know no one reading this blog would be guilty of such a crime of bad taste.  May we all stand up for more attractive furniture. It just starts with one to say NO to bad design!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Thank you!! I was also dismayed when I was looking at the dearth of horrible furniture out there. But next time, please get my permission before using a picture of my recliner on the blog.

P.S. Way to throw out your newsy bit in one tiny sentence!

Kasey and Jim said...

Congrats on the new condo!!! I can't wait to hear more about it.

Julie said...

My favorite are the sectionals made out of sweet chenille-type fabric with lovely wood trim. It perplexes me!

Uzi said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That's awesome, what's not awesome is the selection of furniture. You'd think Utah was made up of John Wayne lovin', Rascal drivin', hill billy Senior Citizens. Looks like you need a vacation to pick out furniture! :)

Vanessa said...

I totally have that couch.









just kidding.