Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Think I Might Be Magic...

Don't tell anyone, but I really think I might be magic. Like most magicians, I have started with a small trick, but things can only get bigger from here. Pretty soon, I would think I'll be able to make the Statue of Liberty disappear, or walk through the wall of China like David Copperfield.

It turns out that I can call any number from my work phone without dialing the area code! Are you impressed yet? Since I work in Utah County, I always forget that I have to dial 801 or 435 before calling Salt Lake or the beautiful country that is Ogden. Yet my calls always go through without an area code. I didn't think too much of my talent until we added a new area code, and all the scary news anchors warned that our calls wouldn't go through without adding the area code first. Sure enough, I forgot to start doing that, and all of my calls are still going through! So not only am I incredibly efficient by eliminating 3 keystrokes on every call I make, but I've now learned that one of my talents is being magical. Now if only I could make myself disappear from work...

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can make things disappear, too! Although it seems to apply only to ice-cream or chocolate cake. It's a very specialized branch of magic, you see.

Michelle said...

Yes you must be magic! I am sick of hearing the lady tell me that my call can not go through when I am trying to call my next door neighbor. Ugh!