Julie and I ventured into the land of Shade t-shirts and tiny women driving large SUV's to go to the What Women Want Expo today, and I left feeling kind of angry, slightly flummoxed and wondering who these women are who want these things. We started off wandering by the booths selling sunglasses, jewels and bedazzled jeans. There were some fun things, and we thought we were going to find a lot of great stuff. Oh how wrong we were...We're minding our own business walking along and see this very bright light being emitted from one of the booths. Upon closer inspection, we found that a bunch of women were getting their teeth whitened by some turbo charged machine. In the middle of the South Towne Expo Center! I don't know about you, but I would think that this should be done by a licensed and certified dentist. So I'm still reeling from this when we come up to the Elase "medical spa" booth. I turn the corner and see a bunch of women with needles sticking out of their foreheads. Sure enough, they were getting Botox injections! Are you kidding me? Since when is it okay to get a potentially debillitating medical procedure in the same place that you can buy a pair of knockoff Chanel earrings and rhinestone covered True Religion jeans? I'm thinking that you might want to do some research into the credentials of the person injecting a strain of Botulism into your bloodstream, but what do I know?
Overall, it was a good show, but this woman wants an ice cold Dr. Pepper with lime, a hot meal at a fair price, and when I get my Bbotox in 10 years, I want it done in a real doctor's office!
2 comments:
Yeah, crowds make me angry. Crowds of women vying for purses scare me. Glad I wasn't there for that one (I was probably in the quiet sanctuary of the library).
didn't you see me there with my new pearly whites and pins? They also helped me get rid of my uni-brow. By the way... I love your blog!!! Thanks for making me smile every day!
Post a Comment