Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Bow to iTunes' Genius


I looove music.  I listen to music all day at work, and so I'm always looking for new stuff.  Lucky for me, iTunes has debuted a little something called Genius with its 8.0 release.  

Now all I have to do is click on any song in my library, click the little genius button, and iTunes will make me a playlist with similar songs!  So now I can quickly create playlists based on whatever my mood might be that day.  Genius!  

I also love to look around for new music.  By clicking on any song in my library, iTunes will suggest similar songs that I don't have, right there in my library.  So I don't have to waste click going to the iTunes store and looking up ten different songs separately.  Instead, I can quickly scan through these recommendations by listening to samples and putting them right in my cart.  So far, the recommendations have been pretty good, and according to iTunes they'll only get better as they gather more information from Genius-happy users like me. I don't know how it works, iTunes, but keep it coming. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't wait to give this a try . . . with the random collection of songs I have, who knows what it will recommend for me.