Sunday, September 21, 2008

Should I Be Scared? Pt. 2


I went to a movie at the Broadway Theaters downtown yesterday. If you haven't been to the Broadway recently, don't worry - it still looks the same. I went to use the restrooms (which still have the old Cineplex Odeon logo, as seen at left), and it was quite the adventure. The ladies restroom had probably 10 stalls in it, which I thought was rather ambitious, seeing that that's the same number of people who were actually in the theaters.


One of the stalls had a missing door. So some creative theater manger had provided a homemade solution by stringing up a curtain in place of the door! If you're wondering, the answer is yes - you could see right into the stall through the side of the curtain. I selected a non-curtained stall, and was greeted with a sign taped to the door that said "Please pull the handle UP to flush." Believe me, this was a moment I wished I had a camera! Nonetheless, the instructions were helpful, and I made it out alive and went on to enjoy my movie-going experience.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See, it is moments like these that make me grateful for ye ol' Broadway theater (pronounced THEE-ah-tah). Curtain or no, I have bathroomed there and will continue to bathroom there. - Brooke