Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Five, Six, Seven, Eight!

I have to start by saying that I have always thought I could dance. I know I'm not very good at it, but much like Sarah Jessica Parker in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, I love to dance. I've never met a shimmy or booty shake that I didn't like. So imagine my delight when the TV show, So You Think You Can Dance, came on the air. As a matter of fact, I do think I can dance! While I would never try out, I do enjoy watching my fellow dancers do me proud on the dance floor.

This year, the SYTYCD tour came to Utah, and yes, I'm admitting that I attended this event! So last night, Julie, Kristen and Lilli and I braved the 12 year olds, and groups of women out on a GNO to go see our favorite dancers in person. And we loved it!




These pictures were taken before I lost approximately 38% of my hearing, courtesy of our 8 year old neighbors who literally screamed the entire time. While I appreciate a nice amount of enthusiam, I felt like an old biddy as I was forced to cover my ears to save what little hearing I had left. I'm sure they were wondering who let the old lady in front of them covering her ears in the building. But we had a great time, and can't wait to get a seat on the Hot Tamale train next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why I didn't invite myself to go with the Bird gals for an evening of Mark and the others. I'm kicking myself! You've got moves, Melinda... moves, I tell you. - Brooke

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bird Girls,
I am indeed jealous of your night out with the So You Think You Can Dance dream team! I also like to pretend i can dance, in the privacy of my own home of course, and years ago even knocked the wind out of myself convinced i could do an aerial (cartwheel without hands). It was ugly. You girls, however; are darling, and i thought you should know. Thanks for sharing your blog Julie! Love Keri Freeman (old chubby neighbor of Miss Julie Bird)
Oh, and p.s. Girls, you should start posting your recipes and foods on here... those Thanksgiving Point classes must be paying off! (And with far less chicken contamination than was demonstrated for us!)