Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Have Become My Father

It's official . . .I have become my father . . . I watch gas prices . . . ugghh!!! Dad always knows where the cheapest gas is at any given time. It seemed to us that he would drive anywhere for a discount of a few cents. Granted, he always had a lot of cars around that he generously kept filled with gas. I normally don't care about a small difference between stations if a Chevron is convenient to me (it's always Chevron for me). However, since I have moved to this far away land, I have experienced the gas prices creeping up slowly at first and then faster earlier this year. My gas bill lately has looked more like a car payment. It has caused me to keep an eye on where I can get a better deal for gas so I don't have to take out a small loan just to keep my car going. I've discovered a little gem in the Draper Chevron by my work on 12300 South and about 200 West. They used to be quite high, but now they are one of the lowest around - as evidenced by all the other cars that have seemed to figure it out too. And now, I can put that Chevron credit card of mine to use by also getting an additional 5 cents off per gallon. This is the only location I've noticed that little discount at - so I'm happy to patronize them. Not to mention there is a Subway in the store too. So not only do I get cheaper gas, but a $5 footlong as well. Ahhh . . . the crazy single life!

1 comment:

Heather said...

A favorite quote from friends when Rachel discovers she has become her father..."I was so busy trying not to turn into my mother that I didn't see this coming!"