they looked like - but they were so deceptive - totally blended in with my stucco. I am so relieved that they are gone! I went out and got some special bug lights to put in my outside lights to help repel future creatures from coming around.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Yuck!
I hate little creatures . . . . bugs of any sort. I am constantly checking around the baseboards in any room I enter to make sure that there are no creatures anywhere. When I go downstairs, I do a quick scan before I make a move. Last year, Saratoga Springs was on the news for having a spider epidemic and I was relieved that I wasn't affected. Until this year. A few weeks ago, I had noticed some nests that had formed up in the eves of my roof and figured they were wasps and was carefully watching them. They were so high up, I definitely couldn't reach them, and after doing a little internet research, figured they would be gone before long. Then, I started noticing little mud cigar-like shapes appearing around my front entry. They started small and then as I would come home each day, I noticed they were getting larger and larger until they were big mud pods. It started to freak me out where I was thinking more and more about them. I called around to schedule someone who could come out and spray and kill them. Today, as soon as I opened the front door, the lovely pest control man said, "You have got a big problem." He already had his nozzled sprayer attached to a big gallon of stuff and was getting to work on the front. I walked him around the house and showed him the other areas and left him to get after it. When he was done I asked him what was in those little mud pods. He said that it was a good thing I wasn't out there. As soon as he knocked the nests down, about 40 spiders came flooding out! YUCK!!! I just got the chills. Disgusting! The pest control man said that one of my nests was the biggest he had ever seen. Not quite the record I wanted to have. This picture is kind of what
they looked like - but they were so deceptive - totally blended in with my stucco. I am so relieved that they are gone! I went out and got some special bug lights to put in my outside lights to help repel future creatures from coming around.
they looked like - but they were so deceptive - totally blended in with my stucco. I am so relieved that they are gone! I went out and got some special bug lights to put in my outside lights to help repel future creatures from coming around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would have DIED. Thank goodness for pest control men!
Um, I will now credit this post with the nightmares that are surely to come tonight after reading this. YIKES!
The little spider's nest looks so much cuter on "Charlotte's Web"...
I am so glad you called in time. Can you imagine if they hatched. Aaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!! I am cringing just thinking of it!!
Post a Comment