Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Guilty Pleasure

So I totally have a new guilty pleasure/crush. While we were in Chicago, Kristen and I would come back to the hotel after a long day of walking around, in need of some relaxation time. Well, it was mostly me and my tired bones that needed a break, but I digress. Our hotel didn't have the best selection of channels, so we found ourselves spending a lot of time with the Discovery Channel. And then we stumbled upon Man vs. Wild and it's swarthy host, Bear Grylls!


First of all, his name is Bear! Secondly, he has a foxy accent. And thirdly, the man can escape from many a precarious situation with ease! In one of the shows we watched, Bear's trusty rucksack was used as a toboggan, a shelter, a stove and a pair of water proof pants. It almost made me want to go camping! And now I feel confident that I could survive if I ever fall into an icy river, need to spear a fish with my bare hands, or create a jungle hammock so as to avoid being killed by a poisonous snake.

No comments: