Saturday, July 4, 2009

We Heart Chic-ahh-go!!

Melinda and I got back this week from a fun-filled trip to the Windy City. I must say, it is one of my favorite cities. Here's why:

Skyscrapers and Beaches! One minute you're walking in between skyscrapers on the Magnificent Mile; and the next minute you're on the beach! Look how thrilled Melinda was to feel the sand betwixt her fingers.

Interesting art and architecture. Here I am on an architecture boat tour we took - it was fascinating!


We also enjoyed walking through Millennium Park and seeing the art pieces there - like The Bean





and the two towers that rotate the faces of 1,000 Chicagoans - then shoot water from their open mouths!



Good food. The Taste of Chicago was going on while we were there, meaning we got to try a lot of different restaurants' food for pretty cheap! Here's a picture with Melinda's new BFF, Emeril Lagasse! (really - it's him!)
And check out the turtle cheesecake. There's a good chance we ate this two different times.

In summary, we think everyone should take a trip to Chicago, and we'll be thrilled to go with you whenever you like!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Next time . . . I'm ditching the girls at camp and coming with you! Ha!

Michelle said...

What a perfect time to go to Chicago! I love Taste of Chicago and that town.

Heather said...

I love Chicago, too! If I'd known you were going I would have told you to stop at the Cafe Luxe on Michigan Avenue...they have the BEST desserts...they are baked when you order them so they are fresh out of the oven...YUM!

Kristen said...

We WENT there and got a fabulous molten lava cake that was absolutely to die for! It was definitely a highlight.