Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Julie's Love List

Because I love learning about what products and things people love, here are a few of my latest favorite things to share . . .

1. Hair Color - I can't believe that this wasn't on my 100 Things list. I LOVE getting my hair done and colored. I have been "lucky" enough to inherit gray hair that started when I was in my mid-20's. It started with a few stray hairs that I could pluck until now when I need 2 1/2 hours at the salon to completely cover and highlight my hair. I'm totally grateful for the miracle that Laurel at Salon Complete can pull off - first it was every 8 weeks, then 7, 6, now we're down to 5 weeks. Ughhh! Get this . . . I have just spotted my first gray eyebrow hair!

2. Sharpie Pens - Have you tried these yet? Last year I was asked by a friend to address her wedding invitations with my flowy handwriting and was researching different pens to use. I love Sharpie pens, but they often bleed through. These are just like a pen, but write smoothly, are still permanent, but don't leave a mark through the paper. Genius! I'm addicted to them.

3. My new wallet. Melinda can attest that I was in need of a new one for a few years now. It's hard to find a wallet that works well. I discovered this Hobo wallet that is my new favorite. I love the clutch style - so when I don't want to carry my mega bag around (and it's mega!) I can just take this with me. It has two roomy clasped compartments and then the middle is for my cards that close with a strong magnet. I love the design.

4. Smart Cookie - These cookies had me at their sweet, yummy cream cheese frosting! Delicious! I especially like the cookies that they frost to look like flowers and during the year have other seasonal delights. Mine is the American Fork store, but they have just opened one in Ft. Union near the movie theaters that you must try.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Say it ain't so - a gray eyebrow?