
Being a "young single adult" means that people have to plan things like the "Young Adult Summit" for you. This is a weekend full of - and I quote - "inspirational speakers, 3 live bands, luau, carnival, fireside, and much more!"
I'm not sure about The Summit in general (it seems like something that would be about 80% ladies)...but the best part is the list of speakers and their qualifications. Here are two of the most fun. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
BEAUTIFUL DISASTERS: What Do We Do When Life Gives us Trials we Didn't Ask For!!! The speaker? Ashley Jones: Oxtford graduate who has experienced extreme life challenges. How do you like that? When people ask you which speaker you are, you have to answer, "Oh, I'm the Oxford graduate who's experienced extreme life challenges." But she sounds spunky - she puts three exclamation points AND all caps in her title.
Balanced, Motivated and Healthy for Life: The Right Approach to Fitness and Health. The speaker? Marcus Smith: Studied dance and worked in physical therapy. I wouldn't be so concerned if his qualifications weren't all in past tense... Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a lovely time. I'm just not sure I'll be there for it!
3 comments:
Oh, please go! What great material for another fun blog post.
yes, go! and bring back detailed descriptions and photographs.
I love that you are already planning on NOT going!! ha ha.... don't know that I blame you!
Post a Comment