Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Am Losing It!

The average person looking at these shoes would notice a few key differences: This shoe is open on the side, has some nice top stitching, and a pleasantly high heel.

While this shoe is sensible, rather plain, and has a bitsy heel. These are my everyday work boots if you will.

Side by side, please also take note of the rather substantial height difference:

Apparently, I am not as smart as the average person. In my sleepy stupor this morning, I grabbed what I thought were my work boots, and ran out the door to go to work. It wasn't until I got out of my car at the office and started walking that I noticed that my left leg was an inch taller than my right. My left calf and I are now exhausted! It is hard work traipsing around on your tippy toes all day. But at least they were both black, right?

4 comments:

Uzi said...

Baa ha ha haaaa, that is by far the best story ever. Like the one time I was running down capital hill late for work at the bank when half way there I realized I didn't have a bra on! YIKES!!!

Kristen said...

Love this story, and especially love that I got an email from you that morning and this was all it said: "I am wearing two different shoes."

Anonymous said...

ha ha

Jen said...

ooh, this made me laugh out loud! Good thing you didn't grab one "moon-boot" and one heel... that would have been awkward!