Sunday, December 14, 2008

We Drove All Night...


Okay, we really flew for an hour and a half, but Celine Dion doesn't have a song titled that. That's right, the girls went to Phoenix last weekend to see Celine Dion in concert. Try not to be jealous. We had tried to get tickets for her concert in Salt Lake, but it sold out too quickly, so of course we decided to fly to another city to see her. Which ended up being good thinking on our part because Celine up and postponed her Salt Lake show.
Anyhoo, we had had the tickets for almost a year, and were really excited to go, especially to get out of the cold for a couple of days. We flew in on Fridee, and got to utilize my one perk from my old job. I am a Hertz gold member, so when we got our rental car, we just got to go to our stall and my name was in lights. It's kind of dark, but it makes me feel fancy.


So since all we do is eat and shop, we went to the Cheesecake Factory where I had the best guacamole I think I've ever had. It was delightful. And then we got a holiday surprise in the form of a peppermint chocolate cheesecake. We loved it! Here's a shot of Julie enjoying it. Doesn't it look good?

Then we went shopping, and I have to tell you, out of state Macy's have the best deals! They actually have current, semi-hip clothes, rather than the frumpy old lady clothes that our Macy's seem to carry. That night, we ate at Aunt Chalada's. Isn't that a great name?

Saturday, we woke up to fantastic weather! Our hotel had a great pool area, and I think we were the only guests in the hotel. So we were lounging at the pool in December. I could not have been mroe thrilled. And then, it was time to see Celine. We went to the arena, and they have built all kinds of restaurants right around there, so we had a nice time there before the show. They had a big jumbo tron that was filming everyone passing by, so here we are on the big screen:


I tell you what, that Celine can sing. She put on a great show (unless you're reading this Lilli--in which case it wasn't good), except when she tries to dance. I imagine that's either what I currently look like dancing, or what I will look like when I'm older.










So thanks for a good time ladies. Maybe next year we can go see Barry Manilow or Neil Diamond!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm in! You know I totally want to see Neil and I am a closet "Fanilow". I don't care how old I sound . . . I bet they put on a great show as well.