
On Monday for FHE our ward was going caroling at various retirement centers. It's one of those activities that you really don't want to go to, but know you should. I got the FHE guilt pretty bad and I sucked it up and went. And of course, I was really glad I did. The highlights:
Eva New, who happened to be in the lobby when we came in. From her motorized wheelchair, she took it upon herself to give us a full tour of the retirement center. She then took us to see her room. The tour included: The main room (which serves as a kitchen, living room, and bedroom); her bathroom; and her window, from which she watches all the cars go by.
So we get Eva all situated in her recliner and sing her a carol. We say goodbye. We get no further than the next room down when here comes Eva on her walker to join us! We had a new caroling buddy, and she was a treat.
I also enjoyed the old man who answered the door and then requested rather obscure songs, like Silver Bells. When we finished he was nowhere in sight. Pretty soon he emerged and started taking pictures of us!
To sum up, I heart old people.
1 comment:
How do I love that she came and sang with you! I love older people . . . but just don't want to be one anytime soon.
Post a Comment