
I love singing Christmas hymns in December. But, you almost have to sing a different three each week to get them all in! This wouldn't be a problem except that in most wards I've been in we repeat the same four hymns over and over! I love you, Silent Night, Joy to the World, Angels We Have Heard on High, and Hark the Herald Angels Sing – but singing you so much is robbing us of the opportunity to get to the other, lesser-sung hymns. Once in Royal David's City or O Little Town of Bethlehem, anyone? No – because we're too busy singing Silent Night for the fifth time! Let's mix it up and get some lesser-known hymns in there! After all, Christmas comes but once a year!
PS. Don't even get Julie started on how every New Year we sing “Ring Out Wild Bells” - easily the most depressing hymn in the hymnbook (“the year is over, let it die”).
1 comment:
I am looking forward to singing that this Sunday....since we didn't last week! I hope I get to sit by you again this week...we can giggle about it!
Post a Comment