
If you were a female at BYU from 2000-2004, you or one of your roommates likely had “Center Stage” in your apartment. I'm not sure why – the movie's really not even good. So I was mildly amused when I saw the straight-to-TV sequel “Center Stage: Turn it Up” was starting. I thought I would amuse myself by watching the first couple of minutes to see how bad it was. Well, the joke was on me - I watched the whole thing, and folks, it's better than the original. When does that ever happen?
All the bad stuff about the first movie is gone – the annoying Jodi character, “real” issues like anorexia and no-good men. But Peter Gallagher and Ethan Steiffel (Cooper) both return, and The Coop has lost the floppy hair and mercifully improved his acting skills.
The role of the Privileged White Boy love interest is Tommy (played by a guy named Kenny!), a former hockey player turned ballerina (Get it? He's totally straight) who also has a killer Boston accent (“my teacha says I gotta get some fi-ya (fire)”).
And that's really all you need to know – that and the fact that I might make you watch it when it comes out on DVD. So get ready!
1 comment:
I saw part of this on TV! Yep...I'm all about the Oxygen network. So glad annoying Jodi is not back!
Post a Comment