Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I'm Up!

Well, with Melinda still not having the internet at home and Julie's computer on the fritz (Julie's direct quote was “I will DIE without my computer”), I have to officially carry the blog for the next couple of days.

Yesterday my alarms (yes – plural alarms, I have 3) went off at the regular time, and I distinctly remember turning them all off and putting my head back down on the pillow and thinking, “This is dangerous.” But I would only lie in bed for another couple of minutes, right??? Wrong. The next thing I knew it was 6:45 – 15 minutes before I had to be at work. Nothing can wake you up from a deep sleep so fast as the realization that you have to be to work in 15 minutes (and it's a 20-minute drive). I'm pretty sure I set an official land-speed record and made it out the door in 7 minutes, and to work by 7:10. High five! It took me a good couple of hours to settle in after that, though – if my morning doesn't start out according to my established routine, my whole day is thrown off. I'm generally always in a good mood, but the quickest way to throw me off and get me in a bad mood is to mess with my morning. Does anyone else get that, or are most people better at rolling with the punches than I am??

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I totally agree! I hate that feeling when you wake up and you are already freaked out for running late! But congrats on getting there in a decent time!

Anonymous said...

Please don't mess with my morning, it is NOT a pretty sight!