Saturday, December 13, 2008

12 Days of Christmas Sock

I came home tonight with a fun surprise on my doorstop . . . this huge Christmas sock filled with presents and this little note:

Julie
Again Santa's Elves are in disguise
Bringing you a stocking of surprise.
So, Julie please enjoy,
And unwrapping skills employ
Until Christmas Eve arrives
Knowing you are a blessing in our lives.

Love,
Santa's Elves

It made my night! Last year I got a similar fun surprise and it looks like the elves are back. I don't feel worthy to get it again and have no idea who would do this for me out here. It kills me to not know who it is so that I can appropriately thank them for the gifts and for the fun that I have each day until Christmas. I try to employ my detective skills by figuring out the handwriting, but to no avail. So, I placed a bunch of "Thank You" notes in bright yellow on my front door so that they will know how much I appreciate it, when they hopefully drive by to make sure that I have the gift.

This brings back fun Christmas memories for me with our cute Mom. She always chose a few families in the neighborhood to do the 12 Days of Christmas for and she would spend a lot of time figuring out the gift, a clever card and then have us kids or Dad do the doorbell dodging. Now, it's fun to be the receiver of someone else's generosity. This large sock is brilliant because you don't have to try and sneak around for 12 days . . . just once with all the gifts loaded inside for the receiver to open each day. Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing out here all this way by myself, and then I get something like this and it makes a big difference. So, to whomever gave me this nice gift I say a big "Thanks!". I'll have to share some of the surprises as I open them.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

It's me Julie. And you're welcome. I just love driving the 53 miles to your house to drop off presents for you.

Unknown said...

Seriously? You are the luckiest gal alive! How uber fun!