Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Julie's Essential Christmas Collection

Now that we are finally in December, I can finally stomach the stations that play all Christmas, all the time. This is a list of my all-time favorite Christmas songs:

1. "Where Are You Christmas" by Faith Hill - This song was in the movie, How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I never saw the movie, but as soon as I heard the song, I loved it!

2. "Believe" by Josh Groban - from the Polar Express movie. Another one I haven't seen, but I am in love with this song . . . and Josh Groban!

3. We've mentioned this one a lot . . . Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You". All I can envision when I hear this one now are Melinda and Kristen's tapping skills to the beat of this song.

4. Amy Grant - I LOVE all of her Christmas albums. I have the classic versions with her long hair and before she was Mrs. Vince Gill. Since then she has put out several Christmas compilations. My favorites are, "Breathe of Heaven" and "My Grown Up Christmas List".
5. "Another Christmastime Without You" by Michael Damian. That's right, in my younger years of soap opera devotion, Michael Damian was pretty foxy on The Young and the Restless. He sang this on a Christmas episode and from then on I have been hooked. It's totally in my iTunes play list . . . yes, I paid to get this song. Laugh if you want, but it's a goody.
6. "Mary, Did You Know" - I love both the Donny Osmond version and the Clay Aiken version. No mocking allowed!

7. Speaking of Donny Osmond, my all-time favorite is "Baby, What You Goin' To Be". Now, you can't find this on iTunes. It's a classic from 1997 that is hard to find . . . but I am proud to say that I own it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love the Faith Hill song, too! My weight lifting class has been rocking out to Christmas music, and this is our cooldown/stretch song, so I doubly love it because it's such a good song, and I now associate it with the end of pain!

Kristen said...

Good choices, Julie. May I also submit:
Santa Baby
Sleigh Ride (I like to do the whip action whilst driving my car)
Last Christmas, by Wham!