Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I Hate it When That Happens


The other day I drove through McDonald's to get one of my favorite things . . . an ice cold large, REGULAR, Coke for $1.00 . . . $1.07 with tax . . . yay!!! I get so excited when I have a few extra minutes to take time to do this little luxury . . . so I go through, get my drink and drive off. I unwrap the straw for my drink and start to take a sip when . . . I realize that it's DIET Coke . . . blehhh!!! Melinda has seen the reaction when I taste this imitation beverage instead of my favorite regular Coke and it's not pretty . . . there may be some gagging involved. By this time, I am already back on the freeway on my way . . . and I'm miffed. I can't even drink it . . . it tastes so bad to me. I realize that I am probably one of the few women in the Wasatch front that doesn't crave a Diet Coke . . . and I also realize that I probably could use it based on the amount of Cokes I drink . . . however I don't want it. Please just give me my regular Coke. This happens more than it should . . . boo! And, I also carry straws in my car because I have been caught without one from these same drive throughs, which is also a bummer when I go to drink the goodness. Really, I just need a fountain drink dispenser in my car and I'd be all set.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

You're right, Julie--you DO need a fountain drink dispenser in your car. I'll install it next to the sewing room and parlor in your car!

Kim said...

I recently got a new car and when I cleaned out my trade-in, I found about 37 wrapped straws stashed in various places just in case of a misplaced-straw situation.

And I'm that one annoying driver who will not pull out of the drive-thru until I have *tasted* my drink to be sure it's the right one.

P.S. I have actually looked into installing a fountain drink dispenser in my house (you can get them online!) but the roommates vetoed it. They're no fun.

Heather said...

I want a fountain drink dispenser in my car, too!