Carol Burnett (age 77). Melinda made fun of me the other day because I admitted that I was listening to Carol Burnett's memoir on tape in my car! There was a CBS special about her show on in the 90s. I taped it and watched that tape over and over again. And now, I can't watch it because I need a VCR.
Watch this clip up through about 2:45.
And here's another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FpY4aC5l0c
Neil Sedaka (age 71). Just try not to sing along to "Laughter in the Rain."

Bonnie Raitt (age 61). Maybe it's that single white streak in her hair, but there's something about Bonnie I really like. "Something to Talk About?" Great song.

Fred Willard (age 71). He's so deadpan and really good at playing really clueless characters. And he's everywhere - I think he accepts every job he's offered.


Annie Lennox (age 56). Love her music, with the Eurythmics and as a solo artist.

Diane Sawyer (age 65). I've seen a few interviews with her, and she's just so down-to-earth and funny! Plus, I hope I look that good when I'm 65.

The Crazy-as-a-Bat Category: Carol Channing (89), Phyllis Diller (93), and Cloris Leachman (84)

Charo (age 59). I think I like her because her name reminds me of churros.

Dolly Parton (age 64). Yes, she's unrecognizable, but I love that she totally admits to all the work she's had done. "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." Plus, I just think she's a good person.


Charo (age 59). I think I like her because her name reminds me of churros.

Dolly Parton (age 64). Yes, she's unrecognizable, but I love that she totally admits to all the work she's had done. "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap." Plus, I just think she's a good person.

2 comments:
Kristen . . . you are so funny, and still in your 20's . . . don't be so fast to round up that age of yours. I love that Carol Burnett clip and the best part is always seeing Harvey Korman lose it while he tries to keep a straight face.
had to comment. i love dolly parton too!! and bonnie rait. seriously. great list!
Post a Comment