Tuesday, June 1, 2010

When Did I Get So Short?

One of my favorite things about being an aunt is going to all of the performances and activities that my nieces and nephews have. I'm sorry, but there are few things better than going to little league anything, dance recitals and any program where singing is involved. Not only does it make me nostalgic for the days when I played soccer in bitsy little shorts, but the events are always entertaining.

A few weeks ago, our nephew Aiden, had his Spring concert, so Julie and I ventured over to our old Jr. High to take in the show, and boy howdy, we were not disappointed. They have certainly upped the difficulty level since I played the clarinet, as they whipped out all kinds of jazzy numbers. I think Mary Had a Little Lamb was the most difficult song that I ever played, and it took me all year to master it. But I digress. The kids were told to dress in Springy colors, and sure enough, Aiden rocked a pink shirt and green tie. Seriously, how handsome is he? And please note that he was totally hunkering down so as not to tower over me. Oh yeah, he's 12. And I'm officially short.

2 comments:

Julie Bird said...

I am getting shorter too!

Jen said...

seriously.. do we really have nieces and nephews old enough to attend Jr. High? and Bonneville.. wow, I remember running across that front lawn with a shaving cream mohawk.