Monday, June 7, 2010

I Just Can't Have Any Pride...

Please take a look at this little beauty that was passed up to me in the middle of Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Have you gotten a good look at it? I have the following observations:



1. You can't tell in this picture, but this was the most shockingly bright shade of yellow I have ever seen. I know, let's pass the brightest yellow paper that we can find up to the single gal in the middle of the meeting which screams that she is a single lady over the age of 31. Rude! We are not off to a great start here, Sandy West Stake.

2. Three of the four activities start between 10:00-12:00! You know what? Some of us have to work during the day! Apparently, this is also a club for unemployed/retired ladies. Sign me up!

3. Cost-Free! What a relief!

4. Men are NOT invited. The one activity in the evening is a BBQ. The woman in charge of this activity said that they were having a difficult time finding enough women who either had a grill, or who knew how to grill. You think? I suggested that if they invited some men, the odds of finding both would increase by quite a bit. In response, she gasped, shot me a withering look, and I think she "tsk'd" at me. Excuse me, but the LAST thing I want to do on July 14th at 6:30 pm is hang around with a bunch of retired women eating a hot dog that was baked in the oven because nobody had a grill!

5. If you sign up for one of the 15 highly coveted slots for the HCT tour and suddenly cannot go, you MUST find a replacement!

6. When did this become my social circle? If you need to find me tomorrow, I'll be drowning my sorrows during a guided tour of the Governor's mansion.

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am crying with laughter . . . so funny/sad. Oh, how we heart being single. Please, oh please, take work off to attend the daytime activities for more fun reports.

Heather said...

I think they should rename it the "Spinster Club". I would totally join if they changed the name, and I can barbeque. I'm trying to talk my friend in California into a seminar entitled "Finding Mr. Right". There is a $10 materials fee. So if she goes to that, and you attend these events, I can hear all about it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I just peed a little.

Jen said...

I've been laughing at this all afternoon!

Seriously, I love the capital letters, and childish font on this "work of art." It's as if they're worried about the crowds of women who are going to sign up for these activities just because the flyer looks so artsy.