Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mature Beyond My Years

The other day the TV happened to fall on PBS, and I saw a commercial for an upcoming "Antiques Roadshow." I lingered. I like Antiques Roadshow. Then it hit me: I am 80 years old. Consider the other evidence:
  • I love to watch Jeopardy!
  • I've been known to order milk in restaurants (and been made fun of for ordering milk)
  • I have a tendency to fall asleep in my chair while reading
  • I also nod off during church
Normally when you're "mature beyond your years" it's considered a good thing. This time I'm not so sure. If you see me heading off to buy a Buick, please stop me. Full Disclosure: The TV didn't just "happen to fall" on PBS. I had taped "Masterpiece Theater." Taped it!

I need help.

2 comments:

Uzi said...

Haaa ha haaa, and THAT is why I love you! I'm a sucker for the history channel. Stops me in my channel surfing tracks every time.

Heather said...

I also taped Masterpiece Theater. (Hey...it's Jane Austen!) And, I go to bed at 9. And, I hang out at the hot tub with 84-year olds.