Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Shopping Buddy

We Birds have a lot of birthdays in October. This Sunday alone we're celebrating three! Julie, Melinda and I decided to each take a niece/nephew and go shopping for some bday gifts for them. I got to go with Jacob, who is turning 8(!). He was a super good sport as we raced around to four different stores. He tried on many shoes, watched the price of everything, and he even took back some things so he could get what he wanted most and stay within the budget. I won't spoil the surprise and tell you what he really wanted (but it rhymes with "snuggie"). I think the other kids were equally pleased with what they got - and of course, we've instructed them to promptly forget about their gifts until Sunday.

1 comment:

Julie said...

We have the cutest little nieces and nephews!