Monday, October 19, 2009

Insanity!

I found out tonight what the entire state was doing all at once: going to WinCo Foods. Yes, the discount grocery store opened near me, so like a good neighbor I went to check it out.

When I walked in, the friendly WinCo Employees informed me that the wait to check out was an hour. An hour? Surely that can't be right. So I proceeded. The next WinCo employee I ran into said to me, and I quote: "Welcome to WinCo Foods. Good luck!"

I would've needed it - had I had any desire left at that point to actually purchase something. Instead, I tried to get out. The lines to the checkout were literally 15-20 carts deep. It was like Costco on a Saturday, doubled or tripled. Their prices were dirt cheap, but worth an hour of your time? I don't know.

My advice, if you'd like to go? I think 4:00 am would be a great time.

No comments: