Monday, October 19, 2009

Boo!

Apparently, it's October already, which means it's time for corn mazes, haunted houses, and for me, way too much candy. While these events are of course a good time, I'm always a fan of doing something different to shake things up. So our friend Brooke stumbled onto a hidden gem right in our own backyard! Unbeknownst to me, every weekend in October, you can take a guided tour to all of the haunted sites in Salt Lake. With this tour, you get to ride on a tour bus while a professional storyteller (yes, that's a real profession!) regales you with tales of all of the haunted places in our little town. I'm sorry, but you had me at tour bus.

So last Friday, we went with 35 of our closest friends (not including the really annoying fella who would not pipe down--he is not my friend) hopped on our Le Bus, and were ready to be scared.
Do we look sufficiently scared here? Or maybe sleepy--I can't tell.

Not only did we get to hear some great stories from the Professional (Kristen, they really are members of a guild!), but I got to see some buildings that I've never even noticed before, all from the comfort of my padded chair with fake planets on it. They let us out to roam around Memory Grove and the Salt Lake Cemetary, which let's be honest, are creepy in their own rite, in the middle of the day. This is the only picture I got of Brooke, and somehow she and Kristy managed to disappear into the night. Along with Kristen's body.
Good times were had by all, and if I'm feeling really brave next year, I'll take the Ogden tour. Now that's scary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What an awesome post! I fall off the blogosphere only to return to memories of our night o' fun and terror. We did have a hoot didn't we? I got some pretty good photos, too. We'll share! Heart!

Heather said...

I did that tour a few years ago. It was SO much fun!