Monday, April 13, 2009

Look What I Got...

For the average person, this is not a big deal. But this gal has not owned one of these since I was 8 years old. May I present to you...

My library card! Do I look smarter? I had to show myself holding it so that you all knew it was mine! Hopefully now this will prove that a) I can actually read, and 2) I can actually read. Although it was weird to get big girl books without pictures, and books that weren't Us Weekly.

And boy howdy, has the library changed since I was a wee lass! There are computers everywhere! I kind of miss the card catalog though; is that bad? And it was a little weird that a 5 year old had to show me how to check out, but whatever. I'm smart now! So now I'm hoping that Kristen and I can have meaningful conversations about books and stuff!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Impressive . . . I'm still a kid with my non-digital library card that I think I've only used once. They don't have card catalogs anymore???

Kim said...

I remember the day I got my very first library card. I was eight and was an offical card-carrying patron of the Garland Texas library system. It was magical! Like I had been given a key to a world where all my dreams came true. I felt the same way when I got my first card in this city. I seriously wanted to frolic through the stacks of books. There's something about a library that gives me renewed hope in humankind. The feeling is intoxicating.

Anonymous said...

Can I have an 8X10 of that photo? I'm just sayin'... Congrats on learning yourbadself to read. It's super neat n stuff.