Thursday, April 2, 2009

Favorite Eats

I feel like I live in my car going to and from meetings, communities, and my main workplace. With that, I sneak in quick meals while I'm in between . . . not the healthiest thing to do, but it keeps me going. I totally prefer the ease of drive-through . . . heaven forbid I actually get out of my car and wait in a line . . . so places like Cafe' Rio are definitely out. Not only is it hard to get a parking place, but once you are in, it's a Disneyland maze to get your food, then I have to go back out and try to find where my car was parked. These are some of my favorite drive-through meals:

1. Wendy's Oriental Chicken Salad. I used to totally love the one from McDonald's - it came with edamame and a healthier dressing - but once they got rid of that, this is my second favorite. Little packs of crunchy noodles and almonds that I get to put on amongst the chicken, lettuce, mandarin oranges and a delicious Oriental dressing . . . yum!!

2. After early meetings at the office, I am dying of hunger. Forget about waking up a few minutes earlier to actually eat something before I rush out the door. So the easiest thing is a quick run through the McD's drive-through for an Egg McMuffin or a yogurt parfait and the best part of all . . . an Extra Large Regular Coke . . . I'm salivating just typing this. And, I just read an article this week that said that the Egg McMuffin wasn't as bad for you as once thought . . . I'll take it.

3. If I'm working late, I need something at lunchtime that will carry me throughout the day. Often my choice is the Chicken Parmesan from Fazoli's. I also get a side salad to try and balance it out. I can eat half of it and then save the rest for later in the night.
4. My all-time favorite lunch or dinner right now is Subway's $5 footlong subs. I wish they would do this all year long with their sandwiches. This is when I can try different sandwiches without much risk. This came in handy recently when a customer behind me was trying to figure out which sandwich had turkey and bacon. I informed him it was the Subway Melt. For sure I know any sandwich that comes with bacon! When the deal is gone, I often go back to my trusty ham/turkey combo.

What are some of your fast-food favorites.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Oh Julie, you forgot to mention your beloved Chicken Mini tray from the Filet! Didn't I hear once that it was tender chunks of chicken with your choice of dipping sauce? And I don'tknow why you haven't gotten yourself a mini fridge hooked up in your car yet. You can put it in the parlor/front seat, and it should fit just fine!