Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy B"Earth"day Melinda!

In honor of Melinda's big day, Kristen and I are doing a virtual balloon for her with some of the qualities that we love about her. In our family, our cute parents always make a special balloon that has each letter of our name with a corresponding quality for our birthdays. It's always fun to see what we get . . . so here goes:

Memory - Melinda has an iron-clad memory. Some things we would like to forget, but if we ever need to remember something, we tell Melinda.

Ebullient - Isn't that a fun word? It means lively and entertaining, which Melinda is. She likes to laugh and have fun. When something really cracks her up, she can get on a roll laughing and doesn't stop.

Lucky - Reference how she got tickets to Wicked. A few years ago, we took a little trip to Wendover, and she did so well on the Wheel of Fortune that it paid for our fancy dinner. And she's pretty lucky to have such great sisters, right Kristen.

Interested in lots of things, including pop culture trivia. She can tell you anything about celebrities, who has recently died and who is dating whom.

Native American - Mom always disagreed with this and swears that she delivered Melinda herself, but somehow Melinda has a darker complexion where she can tan easily and stays tan for a long period of time. In fact, I'm sure she is lounging by a pool right now working on this.

Dependable - This quality is very much appreciated. I can always count on Melinda to come through with anything. If my car has died on me and I'm in Saratoga and she is in Sandy, she will come and get me. If I need help pulling off an activity for church, she is right there helping me with the details.

Aunt - Melinda is a great aunt to her nieces and nephews. She loves to spend time and to play with them.
For these reasons and so many more, we love having Melinda in our life. And, in true Melinda fashion, she has jetted off to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for birthday week. We hope she's having a fabulous time and can't wait to hear all about it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Melinda! We'll have to go out to lunch this month to celebrate!

Kristen said...

Agreed! Happy bday sis!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun tradition!!

Melinda said...

Well thank you ladies! I am lucky to have such swell sisters. And as I've told you, I'm only 1/16 Native American, so I don't know that it warrants having an entire letter on the virtual balloon. And if I was really lucky, then I would actually be Mrs. Korver! But thanks for thinking of me on my big day!