Saturday, July 26, 2008

Zippity Do Da

First of all, this is not a picture of me or my child. Secondly, I have a new favorite activity. So my family and I have loved going to the Alpine Slide for years. Much like Maverick and Goose, we feel the need for speed, and love being able to shoosh down the mountain. It's my way of communing with nature without having to go camping. As a result, each one of us has various scars and wounds from toppling over after going too fast. I had to take a year off from ridingi when I was 8 to get over some emotional scarring after a particularly nasty spill. And if you ever want to see a Bird family member lose their temper, sit in front of us on the slide and go slow. There is nothing more frustrating than screaming around the corner and seeing some slow poke meandering down and ruining your ride.

I hadn't ridden the slide in awhile, and headed up on Fridee with Julie and Kristen to take a spin. Julie had told us about a new attraction called the zip coaster that she swore was better than the slide, but I didn't buy it. Luckily, they had a combo pass where we could do the slide and the coaster. We started off on the slide, and Julie grabbed a sled called Wolverine, which led us to believe that we would have a fast ride. Sadly, this was not the case. It was so slow! I was flooring it, and I was not moving, and hitting the tires was not an option. Boo!

So then we rode the zip coaster, and I tell you what, it was a good time! We each got our own sled, but you have to provide your own child should you want to ride with one. You are automatically moved up the mountain, and then you turn the corner, and you are off. The beautiful thing is that you can go as fast as you want, and you can't fall off. This is especially exciting so that we don't have to worry about fiber glass burns, or slow riders in front of us. I loved it, and I didn't lose my temper once! So should you find yourself at the Park City Mountain Resort, you must ride it, and take me with you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I knew you'd like that coaster! We've become a little more cautious in our old age. It used to be the Alpine Slide was not a good ride unless there was blood. Now the coaster totally appeals to me because there is no risk of falling off and getting hurt.