Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ruth's Diner is real good

Summer is my absolute favorite season, and one of the reasons why is patio, nee al fresco, dining. I don't feel that Summer is here until I make a trip up to Ruth's Diner. They have a great patio, delicious food, and live music on the weekends. Which is pretty much like my own house, but I don't have to cook. Ha! This weekend, I made my first trip up to Ruth's, and it was a delight.

On the way there, we had an exciting incident that could have turned into a shootout. So we're driving up there, and a guy on a bullet bike pulls up beside us. He of course turns to check us out, and then speeds away. As he's riding off, his shirt whips up to reveal a gun tucked into his belt! What in the world? We tried to chase him down to ask for his concealed weapons permit, but thought better of it as we got closer to him, as we realized that we could be gunned down by the random bullet bike guy.

We get to the restaurant, and got to have the true Ruth's experience by waiting almost an hour and a half to get in. But it was worth it as the food was pretty tasty. We also enjoyed the musical stylings of a female duo, one of whom had a VERY husky voice, so it was really like we had three singers for the price of two. My summer has now officially started, and I have two months of fun before it starts to snow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the Ruth's! I feel privileged and honored to have been a part of that li'l adventure. Heart- Brooke