
Last week as I was talking with my cute Laurels, we were talking about how much they LOVE to dance. I asked if they had ever seen that scene in “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” (a classic that I am proud to own!) where Sarah Jessica Parker is in school and talking about how much she loves to dance and it sounded just like them. They had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. Who doesn’t know the classic scene with her and Jeff Moline strutting their stuff to, “Dancing in Heaven”?!? Say it with me know, "Slow . . . slow . . . quick, quick . . . slow!" Deprived childhoods for sure. It made us all want to be on “Dance TV”.

Another 80's movie classic that I love is Footloose. It was so exciting when it came out b

ecause it had been filmed in Utah. Now when I tell people how to get to my house, the instructions are to take the Lehi Roller Mills exit that is prominently featured in the movie with that hunky Ren McCormick. And thus began my love of Kevin Bacon. Just try and test Melinda and I on some of memorable quotes from that movie.
4 comments:
I'm a little offended that you didn't think I could take on Footloose quotes!! A few of my favorites:
Ren: What are you doing?
Ariel: Watching.
Ren: I thought I was alone.
Ariel: My daddy hates these red boots.
Ren: There IS a time to dance.
Ooops . . . forgive me. Sometimes it's movies like Pretty Woman that throw me that only Melinda and I know.
You leave me no choice but to quote the following: Recognize. Also, these are the only movie quotes I know.
Footloose:
Ren: Hey, hey! What's this I see? I thought this was a party. LET'S DANCE!
Willard: You won't get any dancing here, it's illegal.
Ren: Jump back!
Pretty Woman:
Vivian: I called and called, where were you last night?
Vivian: His bathroom's bigger than the Blue Banana!
Kit: Yo Viv Babe.
Random Saleswoman: It's very expensive!
Edward: Your car corners like it's on rails.
I am just browsing through all of the posts and I HAD to make a comment on this one!! I LOOVVVVEE Girls Just Want TO Have Fun! I was driving down the road the other day when "Dancing in Heaven" came on the radio and I went crazy. I have been saying for a while that there needs to be a girls night out where we watch this movie! Now that I know you own it . . . well, maybe this week!! :)
Post a Comment