
Who here has seen "Defending Your Life?" (Julie and Melinda, put your hands down) Yep, prettymuch just the three of us. This movie is a hidden gem. Albert Brooks plays a man who dies prematurely and goes to Judgment City, where he watches movies of his life and judges determine whether or not he will "move forward." Besides being really, really funny, the movie also shares some of my ideas about what that "stopover point" after death will be like: you can eat all you want and never gain weight, and there's miniature golf and bowling. Plus, they show a highlight reel of all the stupid stuff our boy Albert has done. Sometimes when I do stupid stuff, I picture it going in my highlight reel.
While he's going through all this, he meets and falls in love with - of all people - Meryl Streep! Will they be able to stay together? What if one moves on while the other stays behind?
So, the next time you're trying to decide what to rent, pass on "The Wedding Planner" or anything with J. Lo, and pick up this little jewel. You won't be sorry!
6 comments:
I love this movie! I often think about the highlight reel as well. Good call.
Kristen, you know you only like this movie because you are like Meryl Streep's character, and everyone is going to be standing in line to watch your highlight reel!
I'm scared for that "perfect recollection of guilt"... movie screening style. But I do look forward to that huge bowl of pasta!! I heart this movie! Please... please please can we watch this movie soon? Please? It's been far too long. I don't even mind if it's a three Birds plus a Hath night. Seriously. No seriously. I'm putting it on my calendar. - Brooke
I've seen this movie, too! I must've seen it too much as a kid because that's how I figure I'm going to be judged, too...at least it should be entertaining...
Actually, I've seen this movie before. My parents used to watch it quite a bit actually. Interesting concept. I'll have to watch it again sometime.
And we were JUST talking about this movie and how awesome it is. How frightening is that?
Since I only use 3% of my brain, I deem this movie entertaining.
Post a Comment