Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

We had a nice Mother's Day weekend. I think that church is always the hardest part as people talk about their Mom's. We definitely miss ours, but are always grateful for the time that we had with her.

Our sister-in-laws, Lilli and Lisa are awesome mothers to our cute nieces and nephews and we are grateful for them.

Our fantastic Dad always takes great care of us. He wrote us all love notes and gave us each a new cookbook which is the sequel to our all-time favorite book, Favorites - the Ivory Family Cookbook. Everything we try in that book is great. So, after 10 years, the new book, Keeping Up, came out and we are excited to try some great new recipes in this one. Thanks, Dad!

As I came home that night, there was a fun surprise on my porch from one of my cute young women. I'm always torn by the fact that I am not a mother, which just adds to the emotions of this holiday, but then I get something like this from one of my "kids" and I realize that there are lots of ways to mother and it's nice to know that the work we try to do makes a difference.

2 comments:

cleverly content said...

What? A SEQUEL? I have to have it. After your kind & generous gift of Favorites (which our dinner tonight...that I should be making right now instead of blogging is from that book) I have never even looked at another recipe book. I feel as if there is a growing cult out there of Favorites Followers. Tell me where to purchase, please.

Julie said...

Oooh . . . I should have included a link. Go to www.keepingupcookbook.com to purchase. It's the first time you can get the books online and shipped (one of my favorite things!)