I have had the hiccups for the last 6 minutes and 20 seconds! I am performing my usual trick of holding my breath for as long as possible, but they have not departed as of yet. (If I suddenly trail off without completing my post, it means I have passed out). I have faith that they will soon leave, because holding my breath has been the best cure I have found for this particular ailment.But have you noticed that whenever you have the hiccups, people will immediately jump in and tell you what they do to stop hiccups, and all of these alleged cures are completely ridiculous? I'm sure we've all heard them: Eat a teaspoon of sugar, yank on your tongue, drink water upside down (which is dangerous--I almost drowned!), and my personal favorite, having them scared out of you. Have you ever had a roomful of people leaping out at you yelling, "Booo!" at various intervals? Scary! And, why are hiccups so special? Why don't we have weird home remedies for high blood pressure, broken limbs and whooping cough? But seriously, does anyone have a good hiccup cure? I'm about to resort to attempting to scare myself to get rid of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment