Once again, I had a great birthday week celebration this year. Birthday week was born a few years ago, and I have to say that it really does help to take the sting out of getting another year older.
Kristen took me to Boondocks, where we initiated the 1st Annual Melinda Bird Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Skee-Ball tourney! Why is skee ball so darn fun? One of the great things about skee ball is that when you're done, you get to turn in your tickets for a sweet prize! We selected these, and are waiting for Kanye to call us to go on tour with him.
Then, on the evening of my birthday, we went to the Mandarin, and discovered that they were having a Dumpling Festival! Not only is dumpling one of my favorite words, but we discovered a whole new set of doughy, pillowy goodness. They were serving 5 new kinds of dumplings, and our favorites were the lemon shrimp and the duck with plum sauce. We learned that they do this every year, so I will be attending the Festival in 2011 for anyone who would like to join me.
Thanks to everyone for making my birthday so fun! But next year, I really would like the husband that I've been requesting for the last 5 years.
1 comment:
i freakin love skee ball!!! happy birthday to you!! so fun that we have the same birthday month!
oh, and, it's been way too long.
j
Post a Comment