Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Check, Please

So as I'm returning from the magical land of Happy Valley every day, I sometimes have to get off the freeway due to traffic congestion and accidents (more people I'm going to have to get cars for, right Julie?). This is normally a pain as it adds quite a bit of time to my already ridiculous commute.

I have found that the frontage road by the prison is pretty slick, and the other day, I stumbled upon this hidden gem that totally made my detour worth it:
What's that you ask? Why it's the Hard Times Cafe of course! (The picture is a smidge blurry, as I didn't want to spend too much time near the yard!) Please note that this is on the prison grounds, and is totally staffed by inmates. And, wait for it...it's open to the public! I am totally scared to try this on my own, but will someone with a shiv and a Kevlar vest please, please go with me?

4 comments:

Heather said...

I don't have a kevlar vest, but I do have a green belt in TaeKwon Do and I can kick through boards. I think we should check it out!

Anonymous said...

I WILL GO!!!! Hey, we can hit that before we go do our cooking class at T-Point. Can't wait! I've always wanted to go back and visit my boys in the clink.

Uzi said...

I'm TOTALLY in! Besides, what could possibly happen when you bring your own UZI?

Kristen said...

Luckily I keep a shiv on me at all times.