Sunday, January 25, 2009

Commuter What?


I have already addressed my dislike of TV meteorologists expressing their gratitude for the "moisture" during a big snowstorm in another post. Now I have another snow-related pet peeve: the phrase "commuter special." As in, "It's going to snow through the morning, so it looks like it'll be another commuter special tomorrow morning." What, I ask, is so "special" about a longer, scarier, white-knuckled commute? To me, a commuter special would be when I make all the green lights on 2300 East. Or, better yet, if a limo were to come pick me up and I could enjoy the morning paper and a sparkling Martinelli's on my way to work while a handsome chauffer named George drives. THAT would be special.

2 comments:

Red said...

Amen. If only I could afford to hire a full-time driver to be available at my every whim....

Someday.

Beth said...

It sounds like something you order at the meteorologist restaurant. I'll have some lemon water with the commuter special, please.